- Feb 23, 2021
- By: j sams
- Feb 23, 2021
Whisky & Love - They Aren't Much Different!
The true lovers of the lovely liquor would agree here. Yes, Whisky & Love - They Aren't Much Different! Confused? Well, it’s true! Let’s figure out why and how!
- Much like love, the barreled whisky gives you the biggest joy in the world and you will never have enough of it as Mark Twain rightly puts it, “Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough.”
- Much like love, whisky makes you live and enjoy life the way you want with no inhibitions whatsoever. Whether it’s the Scottish Whisky or the Irish whiskey, the ‘lovely liquid on fire’ ignites the love for life even while you begin to believe in the various pleasures and joys of life and enjoy them as well.
- Much like love, it doesn’t come in the lives of all. Only a few select and lucky people get a chance to taste the true bliss, called whisky or whiskey. For those not in the know, there’s a fine difference between the two. While the former, i.e., whisky, comes from Scotland; the latter, i.e., whiskey, comes from Ireland and the US. As per the true lovers of the heavenly drink, the Scottish Whisky tastes much better and it stings the palate like no other drink, but more of that later.
- Much like love, when the ‘fire in a glass’ comes within your reach, you seem to have ‘finally’ arrived on the BIG scene and moved ahead of those who are still at the lower rungs of the social and economic development.
- Much like love, whisky is tested the best when neat with no adulterations. Yes, contrary to what many of the so-called connoisseurs would like you to believe, the so-called delicious cocktails--such as Old Fashioned, Whiskey Sour, Manhattan, Julep, and the Irish Royales, or for that matter, any other you may get a chance to enjoy--can never ever taste like the neat, pure whisky! The base, aged 250–calorie drink--made with barley, corn, or any other grain and matured in oak casks--tastes heavenly. No cocktail prepared by anyone in the world can rival it.
- Much like love, whisky is enjoyed the best when your hands are full (pun intended!). Ask any true and hot-blooded Punjabi. Their love affair with the multipurpose drink is too well known. No Punjabi weddings are considered complete if the guests aren’t offered—yes, a Patiala Peg that includes roughly four 'smalls' or two 'large' drinks! After all, what’s the use of having the heavenly and satisfying drink when you can’t treat your sensory organs completely and in truly LARGE measures, right?
- Much like love, sometimes, it could be damn costly for you. For instance, Glenfiddich — 1937 Rare Collection costs Rs 90 lakh INR. Yes, priced at Rs 90 lakh, this perfect bottle of whiskey scotch is the costliest whiskey in the world. But, of course, like love, it’s worth every penny spent on it and no one seems to be complaining—definitely not me!